Friday, July 1, 2011

Homesick for the Place I've Lived in the Least

So I am in the place that my undegrad advisor once called "God's Playground", yes Lake Tahoe, and I am feeling pretty miserable. I miss my mom dearly although she is only a few miles away. I miss my old house even though technically it's still ours. I miss my sense of summer freedom even though I am unemployed. I miss my youth even though I am only 22. I miss my optimism and my ability to not pity myself. Sheesh!! This whole entry is sounding pretty pathetic but I don't care, no one reads this anyways. I know it's supposed to be a cooking blog, but really my daily cooking is the last thing I wanna write about right now because I'm not doing it with that same love and enthusiasm that I do when I am...when I am HOME!!!

Sure, I'm in my hometown, but this place isn't my home anymore. It isn't. Home is where I'm happy, can wear whatever I want at whatever time of day, and just plain don't give a flying fuck what anyone else says or thinks. Truth be told--I am sick and tired of not being in charge around here! I live with my in-laws, which would be fine if that didn't include two unruly dogs and their (to say the least) finnicky owners. That combo along with my dumb sense of guilt over any situation constantly puts me in this sad little hole of misery and woe. Haha-- I liked that sentence. "Oh no! I live with people I don't like and my dog gets bullied so I feel bad!" Ahhh! Told ya this entry is pathetic. Okay, well I'm starting to feel slightly more at home with this blog, at least here I can publicly express how angry I am about my boring life being made intolerable. Ugh. Woe is me. Yeah right...

And I have cooked every day this past summer. Suck it. Poo, I have no pictures to prove it, god I am not having a good summer at all... I miss being little...

No comments:

Post a Comment